cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubalsher
Level 3

InstallShield hangs

Hi all -

I am facing a weird problem and would appreciate if anyone can help. We are using InstallShield Multiplatform 11.5 on Windows XP Professional SP2.

Here is an example of the problem I see:
Go to Tools->Options->Compiler Options

When I try to click the ellipsis (...) next to select the java compiler, Install Shield just hangs. It also hangs on many other such ellipsis selections throughout the IDE when they are pressed.

I had seen this problem earlier on another pc for some other ellipsis selections. I am clueless why this happens and how to fix this.

It works on some PCs but in this PC, it just hangs if I select any ellipsis.

I tried with jdk 1.5 as well as 1.4 but same results, just in case java version was the issue. Also windows firewall is disabled.

Let me know if anyone has seen this and how to fix this.

Thanks,
Rubal.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rubalsher
Level 3

Just to add, the CPU usage is minimal after Install Shield hangs. Cannot point to any particular process that is complaining. However I just have to kill Install Shield and nothing can be done further when this problem surfaces.
0 Kudos
mslama
Level 3

The only thing you can do is to avoid doing this. Do not laugh I mean it seriously. Of course you can get thread dump and send it to InstallShield but if you do not have service contract .... You can eventualy modify this option somewhere in config file manualy if you really need to modify it.
0 Kudos
rubalsher
Level 3

Thanks for your reply and yes this is exactly what I am doing right now. Whenever it hangs, I just modify the uip file, but this really sucks 🙂

Am surprised though that nobody else seems to have noticed this problem or run into it ?!
0 Kudos