cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lloydshelby
Level 2

InstallShield .NET 2.0 Prerequisite

I need to have the install prompt to install .NET 2.0 if needed, but if the user declines it, the install should exit and not proceed. Current behavior seems to be adding this to the Release information, but if the user declines, the install still proceeds and then the application fails to run. I am currently using the Express version. How do I make this treat the .NET 2.0 install as a prerequisite and not continue if it is declined? Thanks, Lloyd
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

This might be a limitation of Express. The Prerequisite Editor has options for how to behave if the condition still is not true after the other installer is run, and for allowing the user to skip or not... if you can't edit the prereq, then I guess Express might be the problem.
0 Kudos
lordmaxx
Level 6

I am running premiere and have the same issue. The problem is not with it being a pre-req, but .NET 2.0 is now handled in the Releases section. You can choose the option to have .NET 2.0 imbedded in your install, or to have them download it from the web (I chose the latter), but if they cancel out of it. The program seems to continue installing anyway. There does not seem to be a way to kill the install if they cancel out of .NET 2.0 install.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

You can use the AppSearch and LaunchConditions ( System Search / Setup condition ) functionality to double check the system state and block the install.
0 Kudos