cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrajabali
Level 3

InstallShield Multiplatform HotFix 11.51 Corrupted

After installing the HotFix 11.51 patch I am not able to build the .uip file.
During the media build if get the following error message:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.installshield.util.StringUtils.findPattern(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z Build

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Regards.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jtulley
Level 3

Yes, I just hit this as well. It is very frustrating. Does anybody know of any workarounds for this?
0 Kudos
jtulley
Level 3

I brought this up with support, and they said it was an issue of letting the "update" install into the same directory as your original 11.5 MP. Since that is the norm for most product updates I thought that would be what you do. But, I guess not.

In either case, I uninstalled the 11.5 SP1, got a full SP1 .exe from support, reinstalled in a different directory, and everything worked. So, either there was a clash doing it the other way or this particular issue was fixed between the two builds. (the .exe downloaded had a later build number than the one listed by installing through the update mechanism).
0 Kudos
drostowsky
Level 5

I brought this up with support, and they said it was an issue of letting the "update" install into the same directory as your original 11.5 MP.

Thats absolutely laughable! Even THEY cant install their own s/w using ISMP. Maybe theyll fix that problem so everyone can do reinstalls and updates with ISMP!
0 Kudos