cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stnf74
Level 3

InstallShield LME for VS2015 expired

Hello all,
today while open a VS2015 solution with setup project, failed (InstallShield time limited trial)
If I confirm my code, setup projec do not open, also I've created new licence code from your website but the problem is the same.
Can I solve ?
thanks
Stefano
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Does repairing the installation, or reinstalling InstallShield resolve the issue?
0 Kudos
dquince
Level 2

Nice, I have spent the last week or more trying to resolve this with VS 2013 and IS support told me it is a machine specific issue, but maybe that was a load of bull. I used IS at last company and want to at my new one, but this is not making feel good about that decision.
I tried a new machine and cannot even get IS to be seen by VS and there are no registry entries for it.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I have seen issues similar to this where the user of InstallShield is not an Admin user, so when they authenticate past a UAC prompt all of the per-user registry keys typically seen in the below location just do not exist.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\16

This would be due to the user (non-admin) installing the software, but is using it as a different user account (admin) which will access a different HKEY_CURRENT_USER where the keys are not present.

If this is the case, then you will want to install InstallShield using the admin user account so that when authenticated, the needed registry keys are present.
0 Kudos
dquince
Level 2

I am an admin user on my machine, so that is not the case. The registry gets updated, just does not want to take the key as anything other than an eval version. Same key worked fine on another machine.
0 Kudos