cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thompson_michae
Level 2

InstallShield LE hangs.

I have installed InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010. After I complete the Project Assistant in the Installation Interview the software hangs with no output of any kind. Can someone please give me info on what is going on. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly let us know if you are encountering this issue during the build process or while using the Installation Interview option under Project Assistant.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
thompson_michae
Level 2

Hi Lenwin,
Thanks for the reply. The problem is happening while using the Installation Interview option under Project Assistant. I don't get any response from InstallShield when I complete the interview process and have waited over 20 minutes before doing anything else(re: 4.0 Installer Appears To Hang). When I check to see if I have an installation program built I find the setup directory is built and has a .isl file and a .isproj file along with another directory structure that holds several directories and a setup.exe file. I have run this setup.exe file and it takes me through the install process but no project file application program is saved to the target computer. If you need more info please let me know. Thank You.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

After configuring the installer through the Project assistant could you kindly build the solution. Once the build process is completed navigate to the release folder and install the setup.

Kindly let us know if the files added to the project are found in the destination location after the setup is installed successfully.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos