cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdragan
Level 2

InstallShield - Compatibility and Upgrade

My company currently runs InshallShield 11.5 on Windows Server 2003. Because Microsoft has discontinued support for 2003, we are preparing to upgrade to Windows Server 2008. We still have support for InstallShield 11.5 but uncertain whether the projects created in it will run smoothly on the new server OS. Can you confirm whether InstallShield projects and built installations are compatible on Windows Server 2008?

Best regards and thanks for any suggestions!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallShield 11.5 does not officially support for Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. Microsoft is pretty good about backwards compatibility, so well-written installations are likely to work. However this particular leap is a big one due to changes like the introduction of UAC, so it's well worth a close look at your installation, and an evaluation of a more recent version of InstallShield.(I'm clearly biased, but I'd suggest such an evaluation anyway for any of several large improvements since InstallShield 11.5; just watch the 11.5 to 12 and higher transition if you use InstallScript in MSI Custom Actions.)
0 Kudos