cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

InstallShield Automation Interface fun

Our source control is structured such that successive versions (i.e. after code split) of the software actually change the root path of the code sync location. In order to make my life easier come code split time, I created a new path property in all of my IS projects that contains the root path, and then set the root path value. On all the other path variables that were already there pointing to the files in the project, I changed them like this:

\subdir1
\subdir2

This works great. So now I have only one value to change in each project when we split, and my life is easier. Now here's my question. I'd like to take this one step further. Is there a way I can set the value of via the automation interface? I saw that there is an AddProperty method... will that work? It would be great if I could set this via the automation interface, because then I could just include the path as part of the build script, so that no matter where the build syncs the files to, as long the structure remains the same, the root path will automatically be set with no user intervention.

Has anyone played with something like this before?

Many thanks,
Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

InstallShield 2008 added the ISWiPathVariable object to the Automation interface, so you might look at the documentation for its properties and methods...
0 Kudos
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

I must have missed that. Thanks for the prompt reply. If I keep this up, I'll automate myself right out of a job. 🙂
0 Kudos