cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igor1234
Level 2

InstallShield 2012 Limited Edition for Visual Studio

Hello,

I was not able to find a better place to post this question. If there is any, please let me know and please apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like to know how can I set my InstallShield Project in order to check if the target machine has .NET Frramework 2.0 installed.

On the "system software requirements" section of the installation Project, only .NET 3.5 and newer are available.

Thank you,

Igor.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I understand that you would like to check the target system for the presence of .NET Framework 2.0. As noticed in the “System Software Requirements” the options that are available are .NET 3.5 and newer, therefore a new condition needs to be created to check for the presence of .NET Framework 2.0.

Kindly right click the “System Software Requirements” option and select “Create New Launch Condition (System Search Wizard)”.You could detect the presence on .NET 2.0 by searching the registry for the same by selecting the option “Registry key” for the option “Choose the item you want to search by from the list below:” along with appropriate values in the dialogs that follow.
0 Kudos