cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hassen
Level 3

InstallShield 2011 Please Help

Hi there,

Can you please give me guidance on how I can do the following?

I am trying to create InstallShield Script (using InstallShield 2011) to install three web components under “C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\” All three folders will have virtual directory each under the default website in IIS. Currently I have three different InstallShield projects, one for each, to install each components, plus users has to create the virtual directory manually ones they install the software. My question is how can I make this all in one install and somehow automate the creation of the virtual directory during the install?

Thanks,
Hassen
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
bobmcm461
Level 6

Using the Internet Information Services branch under Server Configuration, you can setup IIS exactly how you describe. Right click the Web Sites entry, and add a website. Right click the website that you just added, and select either New Virtual Directory, or New Application depending on what you are adding to the Website. In the virtual directories you can setup the 'Content Source Path' to point to the location that you have installed the content for each virtual directory. I have done this for both Virtual Directories, and Applications, and it places them under the default website.

Hope this helps,
Robert McMahan
Siemens Energy
0 Kudos