cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreweihe
Level 2

InstallShield 2010 LE TFS Team Build

Hello,

I'm trying to build a setup with a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit.
I installed InstallShield on that machine, but when I queue a new build with the Team Foundation Server 2010 there is always this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010Limited\InstallShield.targets (89): The "InstallShield.Tasks.InstallShield" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010Limited\InstallShield.Tasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010Limited\InstallShield.Tasks.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

The Configuration is Release x86.
What can I do?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
bashenfelter
Level 3

Did you also set the "MSBuild Platform" setting in the TFS Build definition to "x86"? From the InstallShield help:
If you are queuing a build on a 64-bit build machine, ensure that you have configured the build definition for your InstallShield project so that the 32-bit version of MSBuild is used to load the InstallShield.Tasks.dll file (which is a 32-bit file); otherwise, you will encounter a build error informing you that the InstallShield.Tasks.dll file could not be loaded. To select the 32-bit version of MSBuild, click the Process tab of your build definition in Team Explorer. Then, under the Advanced node, find the MSBuild Platform setting, and select x86. Note that if you are using a 32-bit build machine, you can select either Auto or x86 for the MSBuild Platform setting.
0 Kudos
andreweihe
Level 2

That works, thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
tegaaa
Level 2

It didn't work for me. I'm build from my Win7 with TFS basic (with build) and I get the same error, I did change to x86.

Sorry: I reread you answer I didn't notice there was another location to set the MSBuild exe. That did work now.

Cheers,

Tegaaa
0 Kudos