cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmiller
Level 2

InstallSheild launched from a website?

We have a powerbuilder cleint server aapplication and are hoping to move the installation process to a web page. Here's what I would like to do. Can someone let me know if installshield could provide this type of functionality.

First time hitting website / installation process:
1) users go to an internal website to launch an installation process for a client/server application.

2) the first visit to the website only would trigger the powerbuilder runtime executable (this would install the powerbuilder client server runtime to the users local drive). (this is an .msi file)

3) next a directory will need to be created on the local machine and the powerbuilder application files will need to be copied to this directory.

4) run the powerbuilder application

From this point on when users want to run the program a user would return to the internal website

1) a check should be made to make sure the user has the latest version of the powerbuilder application, if not the latest version should be copied to a local directory over the old version.

2) run the powerbuilder application

Any suggestions or feedback would be appriciated.

dm
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dmiller
Level 2

I found a process in Powerbuilder called 'Intelligent Updater' that may meet my needs.
0 Kudos