cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shubhamm
Level 3

InstallSheild 5.5

Hello,

I want to read a .ipr file, which was earlier supported by Installsheild 5.5, is there any way I can do that as InstallSheild 5.5 is not available now.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Installshield 2023 R2 still provides the option to open .ipr project  files.

Its best to set expectations however - after more than 20 years of software development Installshield (and Windows) has changed considerably.  You may encounter build/runtime errors when attempting to use a project which is so old.
We do have some documentation with suggestions when upgrading from projects older than IS11.5:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield/helplibrary/ISMSIArchitecture.htm#gettingstarted_883649535_1075218

In situations like this, rather than attempting to bring such an old project back to life it may be better to create a new project from scratch - this will result in a more robust solution in the long term.

0 Kudos

Actually, I wanted to know what all is present in this file.
And also, can you please tell me if I will be able to open the .ipr file in InstallSheild 2020 R3 SP1?

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I don't have a IS2020 R3 SP1 on hand to test with, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible.
In Installshield, simply select:
File > Open > "All Installshield Projects" drop menu, select "Installshield Projects (*.ipr)"

0 Kudos

I did what you asked but still nothing.
you can see the document attached

0 Kudos

Hi @shubhamm,

Thank you for your post.

An .ipr file is a project file for AdminStudio Repackager. The Repackager used to be included with InstallShield Premier Edition. The Repackager is no longer included with InstallShield Premier Edition. You will need to evaluate AdminStudio in order to modify/edit an .ipr file using AdminStudio Repackager. Please give this a try. Does it work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos