cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelter
Level 10

InstallServices is ignoring a ServiceInstall table entry.

I added a service and configured its parameters using the Services node under the component that contains the service executable.

At runtime, the InstallServices action only runs during the Immediate Sequence, so it seems to think that there are no services to install. InstallValidate shows that the associated Component is being installed. But again, the InstallServices action never appears in deferred execution.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Please make sure that InstallServices action is properly sequenced in the InstallExecuteSequence table. See the InstallServices Action help topic for more information.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

I eventually figured this one out. After banging my head against the keyboard for a day or so, the key to the solution finally popped out at me from the documentation. ServiceInstall entries are not so much associated with a component, but rather with that component's key file. If you create the component yourself instead of using the wizard, you have to remember to mark a file in that component as the key file, or the InstallServices action won't have anything to key off of. Hopefully, the solution makes a bigger impression in my head than did the keyboard so I don't forget to set a key file for every component from now on.
0 Kudos