cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlashT
Level 4

InstallScript

Hi,

How come that when youre creating new installscript project and the script is empty, you still can compile the setup and it works? Shouldn't installscript be responsible for whole application?

I would like to make autoupdate setup that would only copy new files without any user interaction... so i need to remove all dialog boxes and just keep all actions... how do I do that? Is there any way for that?

Best regards,
FlashT
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

The script contains default code to ensure that all setups run. Informing a new customer that their script doesn't run because they don't have every single event in the script or forcing users to have every event they don't care about in their script would be a less than optimal user experience in any case.

To override the dialog behavior, add the OnFirstUIBefore event to your script and modify the code as desired.
0 Kudos
FlashT
Level 4

Any example would be appraciated.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

On the top of the script editing window you will see dropdown boxes that contain the events that are triggered during an install. If you select one of these events the default code used by the InstallScript egine will be placed in your SETUP.RUL. You can then edit this code to make the install function the way you want.

For example, to change the dialogs that are displayed to the user during a first time install you would add the OnFirstUIBefore event and change the code accordingly.
0 Kudos
alegerlotz
Level 7

FlashT wrote:
Any example would be appraciated.

Have you checked out the InstallScript Project Tutorial in the help? Step 6 talks about changing the dialogs displayed.

The calls to the dialog boxes are just calls to InstallScript functions, so to remove them would be to comment them out and set the values to what you want rather than displaying choices.
0 Kudos