cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimStVCS
Level 7

InstallScript sdFeatureDialogAdv Question

Hello, I have an InstallScript project that I need some help with. I have 4 features in this project and each feature can have a different installation path. The installer serves as both a new installer and an upgrade installer. If it is an upgrade, I can populate the path of these features from registry entries. I have all of this working. The problem is that it seems this dialog is not capable of showing anything except the path passed in as the szDir argument. So in my case, when I have multiple paths for the selected features, I don't know if/how I can get this to work using this dialog box.

Does anybody know if/how to do what I am asking to do? If I need to write a custom dialog box, I would appreciate advice on how to do this as I am not that familiar with how to create a custom dialog box.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

What I have done in cases like this is to modify either the SdAskDestPath or SdAskDestPath2 dialog (and the script that drives it) to prompt for multiple destinations on a single dialog box. If you're not comfortable using custom dialog boxes, another (yet far less attractive) option would be to chain four of the SdAskDestPath(2) dialogs in series to prompt for the four destinations separately.
0 Kudos
timstspry
Level 7

Thanks Dan, I will give this a try.

Tim
0 Kudos