cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZygoCorp
Level 6

InstallScript project - changing component destination directory

I have several components that need to be installed to directory A in some circumstances and directory B in others.

[The option of creating 2 different components, each with different destination directories, and then assigning them to 2 different features and then selecting one of the 2 features to install is not an option - long story.]

I really just want to put a variable in the destination block - something line - that has a default value but that I can change in scripting prior to the files being laid down.

I guiess I'm looking for something like the user defined path variables for the destination computer, not the build computer.

Is this possible?

[my hack solution will be to rename the directory after the files are laid down in OnMoved() and before the post processing is started.]
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Is something preventing the use of ComponentSetTarget? It sounds to me like this is what you're looking for.
0 Kudos
ZygoCorp
Level 6

Thank you. I did a search in the help for the componentsettarget script command and it doesn't come up (3 items contain the command reference in them) - and no autofinish help either....it is listed only obscurely in the document.
0 Kudos