cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Platini
Level 3

InstallScript Project & .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

If we choose from between the objects the .NET Framework, the problem is that this object not includes the SP1 for 3.5.

However if check from the prerequisites the NET Framework 3.5 SP1 then the InstallShield will include the all redistributable, since 200 MB. It's to big to a CD release.

1. So, how can we add this SP1 support without this 200 MB file?
2. Even if I add this big file how can we suppress the restart of the target machine. (I guess if we add like a prerequisites than there is no way)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
franklint79
Level 4

You can use the Web Download option for .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 in the Setup Prerequisite if you dont want to bundle the full installer of .NET in your package.
To suppress the restart during the .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 install, edit the setup prerequsite and go the Application to Run tab. You can add "/norestart" to suppress restarting the target machine after .NET 3.5 Framework is installed.
0 Kudos
Platini
Level 3

Hi franklint79!

Thank you for your reply.

Off course I known about this download option, but this is the only choice? The inatalshield don't have any Framework 3.5 SP1 object? Or just SP1 prerequisites? As I know in the 2009 version it is supported.
0 Kudos