cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbrunsden
Level 2

Install to C:\ location

I hope somebody can help me...

I am trying to install most of my files to the familiar location under the [ProgramFilesFolder], however i have one file which i need to place into a folder at C:\example.

Is this possible, and if so how?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps use [WindowsVolume]examples as the destination?
0 Kudos
mjlarezzo
Level 5

The way I do it is to go to the files/folders view, right click on the Destination Computer and select "create folder". Create a folder with the name you need (even if it already exsists on the PC). Then you can go to the Setup Design view choose the folder you just created and open the files view under that folder. If you right click on the file list you select add and then you can browse for the file you need to add to that folder. If this needs to be a new component, you can use the component wizard to add the file and your new folder will be one of the choices as the destination. Hope that helps
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

You definitely do not want to hard code a component to install to C:\ as not every machine will have C:\ as the path you want. Robert's suggestion is the best. [WindowsVolume]example is the right Destination to use. In most cases [WindowsVolume] will resolve to C:\.

Oh, btw, make sure you use a separate component for each different destination path. Each component can have its own unique destination path.
0 Kudos
gbrunsden
Level 2

That is great, thanks for your help.
0 Kudos