cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakd016
Level 3

Install shield not replacing new files in program file Directory

Hi,

I have created a setup with version 1.0.0.0 and installed in my machine in windows 7.All the files are installed in program files directory.
I modified some DLLs and created new setup with version 1.1.0.0 and did upgradation.

Problem statement:Program files still contains verison 1.0.0.0 old DLLs it does not contains files of new version 1.1.0.0.

If I uninstall version 1.0.0.0 and install 1.1.0.0 it works fine,

Also If I install files in Directory other than program files it works and replaces new files

In general If I do upgradation it won't replace new files.

I checked logs I Observered this error :
SELMGR: Component ID '{A2DA75BB-D359-4AC2-A461-1BDE9244C5DE}' is registered to feature 'Upgrade', but is not present in the Component table. Removal of components from a feature is not supported!
SELMGR: Removal of a component from a feature is not supported

I have been using install shield 2013 and created basic MSI Project.

plz help me

Thanks

Deepak Deshmukh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Reureu
Level 10

You forgot to mention a few details to allow other people to understand your problem.

• Project type you are working on?
  • Type of Upgrade you are trying to perform?

I assume you are trying to perform a Minor Upgrade, and that your project is Basic MSI.

Anyway, you cannot remove or rename components/files between your 2 versions if you want to perform a minor upgrade.
You need to follow the rules listed here: http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/MajorMinorSmall.htm

Alternative: go for a major upgrade.
0 Kudos
deepakd016
Level 3

Hi Reureu

If I change product code and keep upgrade code same , I get both versions in ADD and Remove Program.
0 Kudos
deepakd016
Level 3

Hi Reureu

I have done major upgrade by changing the product code and keeping upgrade code same ,

Now I am getting both versions 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.0 in ADD and Remove Program.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Just changing the product code is not enough to perform a major upgrade.
You need to add a Major Upgrade item in the "Upgrades" view of your project.
Here are a couple of links that should point you in the right direction:
0 Kudos
deepakd016
Level 3

thank u so much Reureu

the issue is resolved
0 Kudos