cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathish046
Level 3

Install shield - Do action

Hi frd,

i want to execute two 3rd party exe when i click finish button of my product installation...

i that i used event of finish button to do this....

But one issue is i using Doaction event they working like nested loop... so if anyone cancelled first exe means they didnot launch second....

Please help...
thanx....:o
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RichardW
Level 3

By default, InstallShield checks the return code of the 3rd party application you are running. To change this, go to the "Return Processing" property of the custom action. Change it from "Synchronous (Check exit code)" to "Synchronous (Ignores exit code)". Now whenever a user cancels the 3rd party application, InstallShield will continue with the installation and your second application should now launch.
0 Kudos
sathish046
Level 3

RichardW wrote:
By default, InstallShield checks the return code of the 3rd party application you are running. To change this, go to the "Return Processing" property of the custom action. Change it from "Synchronous (Check exit code)" to "Synchronous (Ignores exit code)". Now whenever a user cancels the 3rd party application, InstallShield will continue with the installation and your second application should now launch.

thanx for your information..
it work's fine
0 Kudos