cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drostowsky
Level 5

Install on network path crashes!

Anyone else seen this issue in ISMP 11.5? I create an installer for Win32, and the user tries to install onto a network path. The installer gets to the step of trying to copy the files, and then crashes. I get the following crash in the log.txt file generated.

BTW, the path specified in the Destination dialog was generated by using the Browse button.

(May 1, 2006 11:47:08 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$DiskSpaceCheck, wrn, The system cannot find the path specified.
(3)
(May 1, 2006 11:47:17 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$DiskSpaceCheck, wrn, The system cannot find the path specified.
(3)
(May 1, 2006 11:47:17 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.Files, err, java.io.IOException: Could not create directory: \\
STACK_TRACE: 14
java.io.IOException: Could not create directory: \\
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.createDirs(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.copyFilesPayload(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gcshilpa
Level 3

I have a similar issue...did you have any luck with it?
0 Kudos
tgrebe
Level 2

Are you installing to mapped drive or to a real network path like "\\computer"?
0 Kudos
bjfrary
Level 4

I have found that the disk space errors do not cause the install to fail, it is the create directory that does, however I think it is the omly the create directory that installshield uses for the overall product directory. If you write your own create directory using the standard File class to create it it has no problem. You would do that as a wizard bean and then add it right before the files get copied. The disk space check I have not been able to find a solution for though. It doesn't affect functionality it just looks ugly when it comes up at the end.
0 Kudos