cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simphe
Level 2

Install location being ignored?

Hi folks,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place because it concerns Install Shield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2013. I'm having a problem with the default install location for a project. I simply want to set the installer default location to c:\program files\myapp.

I’ve changed the INSTALLDIR attribute in the General Information (Setup) dialog to the path above, but it keeps reverting to the c:\program files (x86)\myapp folder. I’ve tried using the [programfiles64folder] tag in there too and it still defaults to program files (x86). I've also noticed that when changing the installation path during the installation process (via the dialog) seems to have no effect. Is there something fundamental I've missed here?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jcoone
Level 6

if you set the Folder location under "Files" in the "Specify Application Data" before you changed the InstallDir property in General Information, then you will need to go back to the Files section and change where they are being installed to ensure they are going into the new InstallDir location.

Also, when you move the files you will need to remake the shortcuts.
0 Kudos