cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ketan_bhagwat
Level 3

Install Shield searching .Net 3.5 Features on Server 2012

Hello,
I am creating install script project using Install shield 2009, this setup is working correctly in all OS, but for server 2012, It is installing the setup well, but at the last it is searching for Windows default feature and giving this warning The fallowing feature couldn't be installed, .Net Framework 3.5 , As I don't need this feature, My project is in Java, I didn't keep any .Net dependencies or prerequisite in project, Then Why it is searching this feature at last of setup,:confused:

Help me out this problem
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Ketan_bhagwat
Level 3

Nobdy Knws!!!!
0 Kudos
phill_mn
Level 7

Windows 8 and Server 2012 have a new OS "feature" in which they will pop up that dialog in the middle of a any other setup, if the OS thinks that a .Net file of some kind has been installed. Microsoft thinks this is a create idea but it causes lots of grief. So to debug this situation I would selectively eliminate Components and Features from my setup to isolate which file Windows Server 2012 is thinking needs .Net support. Alternatively if you can't figure out what is triggering the OS to think that there is a .Net dependency you could call DISM to enable the NetFx3 feature.
0 Kudos