cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaybandari
Level 3

Install Office Web Componenets along with my software

I have created a msi project which installs & register few components (activex controls). Along with these components i have to install Office Web Components 10.

I have downloaded Office Web Components 10 setup file owc10.exe, so i have to initiate this setup file from my my installer.

Can anybody guide/help me in doing this. I am a beginner to Install Shield :).

Thanks,
Vijay Bandari
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You'll probably want to create an InstallShield prerequisite that launches the owc10.exe file, and then add that prerequisite to your project. To learn how, check the help for InstallShield prerequisite; you'll find a lot of information there. Here are links to a few help topics that provide some info:
0 Kudos
vijaybandari
Level 3

Thanks Debbiel,

I will go through those articles.

Its not a pre-requisite... my installer includes activex controls developed by my team, and office web components are developed by Microsoft and we need those components.

As per my understaning pre-requistes means untill the pre-requisite components installed our applicaiton won't install.. so i am sure i am not looking for pre-requisites (i might be wrong... bcoz i am begineer to all these things 😞 ). I have owc10.exe file with me, the thing i need to do is to instantiate it from my insallter once after all my components installed.

Thanks,
Vijay
0 Kudos