cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jpmon1
Level 2

Install Multiple versions of the same product

Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I could not seem to find if there is a way to install different versions of the same product. I would like to do this similar in manner to how InstallShield 2010 and InstallShield 2010 LE are installed but with the product version number instead (they are both in 'Program Files->InstallShield' and then they have separate folders), . Is this possible with InstallShield?

Thank You,

- Jon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

It's simple to do with an InstallScript project; just set the Maintenance Experience project property to "Multi-instance".

It is also possible to do with recent versions of InstallShield with MSI projects, but it does take a bit of preparation. Please see the help topic "Installing Multiple Instances of Products".
0 Kudos
bobmcm461
Level 6

I'm trying to do the same thing using an Installscript MSI package on Installshield 2011. Looking at the "Installing Multiple Instances of Products" article from the knowledge base, it appears this only works for Basic MSI, and Web installations. The only other solution to this problem that I can see is to change the Product Code every build so that it does not try to perform an Upgrade. Is there a more automated solution that would allow me to do a fresh install everytime.

Thanks,
Bob McMahan
Siemens Energy
713-570-1200
robert.mcmahan@siemens.com
0 Kudos