cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nesnajkneh
Level 2

Install 2 programs with one setup file

Hi, i'm very new to installshield and this forum, so my question can be a little silly, sorry for that...

I want to make a setup-file for my self-written program in visual studio 2008 (language visual basic). Together with installing my own program i would like to install another (freeware) program (winamp). Wich i use in my program. It must be possible, but i can't find out how to do this... can anyone help me? Offcourse i would like the user to have the option to install it or not...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Assuming you're using a Windows Installer (MSI) based project, perhaps look into using InstallShield's "setup prerequisites" or "feature prerequisites"?

If InstallScript, you might be able to launch the other installer using the LaunchApplication (or similar) function.
0 Kudos
Menegoni
Level 3

Is it a setup.exe, app.msi or a standalone app.exe?

You could create a dialog that sets a property during the UI phase , have a custom action that runs and queries the property and either lauches setup.exe, msiexec with the msi as a parameter or copies the app.exe file to the appropriate directory.
0 Kudos