cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redrodan
Level 2

Install 2 applications from one installer with each having unique product codes?

I’m still a beginner at Installshield so please forgive me if this is a very basic question.

For a while my company only needed one installer for our single project. (App-A) Later we started working on a second project. (App-B)

Now my boss would like an installer that could install both applications and give the user the option to pick App-A or App-B or both.

I figured out that I can make a project that installs App-A & App-B as features but both will share the same “Project code”. This makes it difficult to detect if they have old versions of App-A or App-B.

Is there a way with Installshield express for each feature to have its own project code? Or make an installer that installs 2 Apps? (I have a bad feeling this is a limitation of express and we will need to upgrade to professional)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It is fundamentally a Windows Installer property that each product has a product code, not each feature. However you're correct that the Professional tier provides more tools to deal with this, including a prerequisite editor that would allow you to create a prerequisite which one installer could include to install the second.
0 Kudos