cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Winks
Level 6

Informational- correcting ISDEV fatal error -7210

I recently upgraded a number of projects from IS 2011 to IS 2012 Spring SP1.
Our build machine is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and I installed IS 2012 SPRING SP1 Standalone Build on it.

All projects upgraded and built fine on my development machine (Win 7/64) but when I went to build the updated projects it failed with the error

ISDEV : fatal error -7210: Failed to verify digital signature of... ISWIBuild.dll.

The IS2011 SAB had built these without a problem.

After a brief search I found a reference to error 7210 that indicated that the certificate path was not valid.

I checked the digital signature for ISWIBuild.dll and it soon became apparent that I was missing the VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5.

Another search and I found that I could download the missing certificate from http://www.verisign.com/support/roots.html. I downloaded the one labeled: Root 3
VeriSign Class 3 Primary CA - G5

I used the certificate manager to import the certificate (using the "Automatically select the certificate store based on type of certificate" option).

Once this was done, I ran a quick test from the command line and found that it had corrected the problem.

I suspect that this will only be an issue with builds on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I'm pretty sure there's another scenario that this occurs. I've fixed it a couple times but didn't write it down because it was simple. So simple that I've forgotten what it was! DOH!!

I have use TFS and have one build not working yet all my other builds are. So it's not environmental, it's something that I've done/missed in this one build. I promise next time I fix it that I'll come back here and document. 🙂
0 Kudos
vishnupriya
Level 3

Can someone explain how to install the certificate through certificate manager? The build machine is behind firewall and so has no internet connection. I have to download the certificate on my pc and then copy it to build machine and install the certificate.

I see the certificate having fewer lines and not sure on what extension should certification file have and how to deploy it on build machine.

Please help out getting it deployed asap. Thanks in advance.

Christopher Painter wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's another scenario that this occurs. I've fixed it a couple times but didn't write it down because it was simple. So simple that I've forgotten what it was! DOH!!

I have use TFS and have one build not working yet all my other builds are. So it's not environmental, it's something that I've done/missed in this one build. I promise next time I fix it that I'll come back here and document. 🙂
0 Kudos
Richard_Winks
Level 6

See if this helps you: http://blog.didierstevens.com/2010/10/31/quickpost-adding-certificates-to-the-certificate-store/
There are 3 methods described. The 3rd method describes how to install the certificate for all users. This is likely what you want for a build machine where the build runs under an account other than your personal account.

Richard
0 Kudos