cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikkie
Level 2

Incompatible version of cab file

I've installed the standalone version of Installshield 2011 on a new Server 2008 server. Our Installshield project is created on Server 2003 with the full version. When I build the project on the Server 2003 server, it works fine, but when I build with the Standalone version on the Server 2008 machine, I get an error indicating that there is an incompatible version of the cab file. I don't have the full version on the server 2008 server to create a new release type as indicated by other threads on this forum.

So my question:
Is it expected that this should occur? That is, am I correctly diagnosing the problem as Installshield needs to build the same project on the same version of Windows? I don't want to spend a full license on the new alternative (and much faster) build server unless absolutely necessary.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
nikkie
Level 2

Anyone? I've looked through the forums here and tried all the other solutions. Nothing works. Even if I specify a new release via the -r flag, I still get the same error. This is blocking us from moving to a new build agent.
0 Kudos