cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peeyush_jain
Level 3

Including custom action in build based on Release flag

My setup project has 3 release flags and depending on Release Flag set.exe is created. Some custom actions are only related to particular relaseFlag. So is there any way to include the CustomAction based on release Flag.

Note : Even if you include the ReleaseFlag in the condition of CustomAction, this custom action will be included in installer and during execution, condition is evaluated and custom action is executed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Custom actions in InstallShield don't directly support release flags. Features and subfeatures do support release flags. Can you put your custom actions in different subfeatures, and then apply release flags to those subfeatures? You could make these special subfeatures invisible (so that they are not displayed in the feature selection dialogs).

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
peeyush_jain
Level 3

Thanks for reply.

My features are already associated with ReleaseFlags.

My next questions is how to associate a custom action with a feature or subfeature?

The only way seems to me is put a conditional check about the feature state in custom action.

Is there any other way to associate a feature and subfeature with custom action?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry. Each custom action would be in a different component, and then those components would be associated with the appropriate features.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
peeyush_jain
Level 3

It would be great if you explain it in more detail.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Please ignore my last suggestion. See if this will help:
Conditionally Launching Custom Actions Based on Release Flags

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos