cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garypaquette
Level 4

Import SQL Scripts terminates ISDEV.EXE

Major problem - I have a SQL script that I am trying to import ins ISDEV 2012 Pro (sp1) and as soon as a click on import, ISDEV.EXE blows up, no trace or event in the Windows events.
If I open the script in SQL Management Studio and run it all works just fine!

Any ideas of hints??? :confused:

Blows me away that it just blows up without a trace or error message. 😞

BTW - this only happens in IS2012 InstallShield script... partially works in Basic MSI.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Are you specifying a name that is longer than 59 characters for the Script Display Name setting on the Select Database to Import panel? If so, please try a shorter name and see if it fixes the issue. InstallShield currently crashes if you specify such a long display name in InstallScript projects.
0 Kudos
jeremy_mk
Level 2

Hi, i have run into the same issue. I think the problem wasn't with Import the Database, but when you're trying to "Import the script".
So from the SQL Scripts menu, I tried to create a new New Connection then "Insert / Import Script" from local drive.
After that isdev.exe will crash, with some message said that Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error in my case.

I could not found any solution about this problem, I tried to install IS on different environment. But it gave me the same result.
It didn't happen in other project type (e.g. MSI / Install Script MSI).

Need Help... thanks
0 Kudos