cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcoiner
Level 2

Ids_error_7,ids_error_1 & Ids_error_2803

Hi
I'm trying to use Installshield LE to create a simple install package that installs my program and a license file in the same directory as my program.
After a few successful installs and uninstalls on the same machine I can no longer install.
When I get a dialog box with the title ##IDS_ERROR_7##
In the dialog box the following text is displayed “####IDS_ERROR_1#### IDS_ERROR_2830##”
I Have tried searching through the registry and deleting any keys with my application’s name and I have erased all temp files but nothing seems to help.
Does anyone know what these errors mean or where one can find this out/look it up?
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pcoiner
Level 2

I got it to work but have no idea why. I went into the project assistant and under the software required section and changed the Microsoft .Net Frame Work 4.0 Client Package to Full Package.
(Why I chose this when I limit the required OS to Windows 7 is another issue.
I had obviously not thought this part through very well, in retrospect well I think that as long as I’m requiring Windows 7 I think I should not check the box to add software during installation in the future.)
This provided a successful installation on my next attempt.
So I thought to prove this was the cause of the trouble I would revert the setting back to the client package and see the error but much to my chagrin there was no error.
This is the first time I’ve used this product but it doesn’t appear to be very stable\ it does not inspire a lot of confidence.
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I am glad that your issue has been resolved. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and I would be glad to help you.

Also, using the InstallShield Limited Edition only simple installers can be created as they have only limited features available whereas the others are locked however you may try the Premier and Professional Editions of InstallShield that has a wide range of functionalities.
0 Kudos