cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sugatena
Level 3

_ISUser.Dll keeps getting overwritten

I am going to be upgrading my companies version to 2009 from 6.1. I know, its pretty sad we still use that one but it worked and took awhile to get some people interested in upgrading.

PROBLEM :
I have a dialog with buttons on it and I want to add bitmaps to the buttons. After reading help and some posts, it all said I needed to create a _isuser.dll and put the bitmaps in it. I have done that. But when I build my project, IS Script, my _isuser.dll gets overwritten by the _isuser1033.dll that is compiled and compile time. So of course anything I add to that rc gets overwritten. I do have a custom dialog in the User Interface/Dialogs area. Of course it will not let you add bitmaps to the dialog box, hide them, and then call them to put on your pushbutton. And some where in help it even says that.

Within the rul I set the list to display the test and bitmaps.
ListAddString(listButtons, "@30001;1;255,0,255", AFTER);
where 30001 is the id of the bitmap from my _isuser.dll. But of course this does not work since my dll is overwritten. So it just shows "@30001;1;255,0,255" as text on the pushbutton.

Not sure if the newer version you are suppose to use a different method or way of displaying your own bitmaps on the buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Not applicable

Since you are creating your own _isuser.dll manually, you should avoid customizing any dialogs in the dialog view (The context menu in this view has a "rever to default" option, to undo a customized dialog). Once you have no customized dialogs the build should stop creating an _Isuser.dll. (Unless you have enabled Yahoo support).

The only other way I know of to solve this problem is to modify _Isres.dll instead.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos