cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOHICAMAN
Level 3

ISLE 2013 install not showing up on VS2013 C++

I installed ISLE 2013 as directed and all seemed to work fine. I re-booted system and started VS 2013 C++, loaded a project and then (as directed by the training video) Rt clicked on the project name in Solution Explorer. I clicked on ADD> New Project. When "Add New Project" dialog box appeared there was no "Other Project Types" selection as video stated. Not sure if I did something wrong, but no questions like enter serial number, select PATH, etc were asked. It just loaded and finished "successfully". Appreciate any assistance. Thanks!
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
BOHICAMAN
Level 3

Forget it. After workin on this problem all day, I find out this program does not work with VS 2013 Express. Shove it!
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Depending on your situation, you may want to consider looking into Visual Studio Community 2013 which has access to InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx

Highlights from the site:

A full-featured IDE – Free for students, open source contributors, and small teams.
Start coding the app of your dreams for Windows, Android, and iOS.

Q: How does Visual Studio Community 2013 compare to other Visual Studio editions?
A: Visual Studio Community 2013 includes all the great functionality of Visual Studio Professional 2013, designed and optimized for individual developers, students, open source contributors, and small teams.

Q: Who can use Visual Studio Community?
A: Here’s how individual developers can use Visual Studio Community:
•Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community to create their own free or paid apps.

Here’s how Visual Studio Community can be used in organizations:
•An unlimited number of users within an organization can use Visual Studio Community for the following scenarios: in a classroom learning environment, for academic research, or for contributing to open source projects.
•For all other usage scenarios: In non-enterprise organizations, up to 5 users can use Visual Studio Community. In enterprise organizations (meaning those with >250 PCs or > $1 Million US Dollars in annual revenue), no use is permitted beyond the open source, academic research, and classroom learning environment scenarios described above.
0 Kudos
BOHICAMAN
Level 3

Thanks! I'll look into it!
0 Kudos
BOHICAMAN
Level 3

JKrell,
Downloaded VS Community and jumped thru all the hoops. Now in VS I get to FILE>NEW>PROJECT>INSTALLED>C++>OTHER PROJECT TYPES> and then the only option is VISUAL STUDIO SOLUTIONS. There is still no SETUP & DEPLOYMENT listed.
0 Kudos
KHilker
Level 3

As noted in the System Requirements, InstallShield Limited Edition is requires Visual Studio Professional, Premium, or Ultimate edition.
0 Kudos