cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barvaz
Level 6

ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table contains new content.

Hi,

I have created two msi installers, one I use as a Base MSI and the other I use as an updated MSI, this second MSI includes 3 updated files only.
So, from this, I created a patch between the two but I get errors like this:

ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch.

In the updated MSI I didn't made any change! Just refresh 3 files with more updated files!
I compared the two files with "InstallShiled MSI Diff" tool and found NO differences in CreateFolder table content (The Table wasn't marked in Green – Modified)
I read paragraph "Val0015" in the InstallShield help and didn't found any solution - I searched the WEB and have not found a solution.

is there anyone here who might have just a little clue as to what could be wrong??

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Barvaz
Level 6

I compare by mistake the ISM files instead of the MSI files and therefore I did not find the differences – Now, I can see the differences in CreateFolder table.
You can see the differences in the attachment - Do you have any idea what can causes these differences? Are these cause/changed due to folder that define as dynamic files? How can I solved it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Barvaz
Level 6

Hi,

I've an installation file that contains dozens of components – Only three of them are define as dynamic file linking.
The setup is already released to many customers and I can't change/fix it.
Now I need to create a patch and each time it failed with the following error:

ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch.

New ID are generated for the dynamic files linking in each build and therefore I got this error.
Does anyone have an idea how to solved this problem? How can I make any work around to create patches "includes" dynamic file linking
Please note – I will have to create many patches for this version so one time solution is not good for me

Please advice
Many Thanks
0 Kudos
shsrivastava
Level 3

Hi Barvaz,

I am using Installshield 2012 Spring and facing same issue.
If you were able to solve the same Please help me ...

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

Hi, while making the minor upgrade for the patch are you proving the base msi in the new release's previous msi option?
0 Kudos