cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quantum
Level 2

ISDEV : fatal error -7159

hi,
i want to use installshield by command line but when i call iscmdbld.exe returen this error.
please help me. 😞

Running InstallShield Developer Compiler...
With command line : C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System\IsCmdBld.exe -p "C:\InstallShield 2008 Projects\My Project Name-1.ism" -e y -q2
InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright 1997-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd.
and/or Macrovision Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.

Build started at May 11 2008 12:58 _._

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized. You must launch the IDE to configure the product license in order to proceed.

Build finished at May 11 2008 01:01 _._
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

(Possible follow-up [post=415973]here[/post].)
0 Kudos
Tintelen
Level 2

I'm trying to use InstallShield within MSBuild (part of TFS2010) but the licensing system (of InstallShield) is preventing this.
I've activated the InstallShield installation on the build server (using TSConfig) but since this is done under my own account and not under the account which is running MSBuild, this might be the reason I'm getting:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011Limited\InstallShield.targets (96): -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

But since the account running MSBuild is not an actual user account it is rather difficult to activate the license for this account.

I've not installed a full VS2010 on the build server (and I rather like to keep it this way).

Is there some way to activate InstallShield for a system account?

(I'll also try to run MSBuild under my own account to see if this fixes the problem)
0 Kudos