cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

ISDEV error -5045

Hi,

Our building group run into the following error (at compilation) when building a project (IS2009 InstallScript), using IS2009 Standalong version.

ISDEV : error -5045: Could not preserve previous Build Logs

After that IS reported 0 errors at the end of compilation but 1 error at the end of build, the image seems being built ok.

end of compile

Linking...
Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 21 warning(s)

end of build

Default - 1 error(s), 6 warning(s)

I never saw the error on my side with IS2009 Premier version during development.

Can anybody give help on how to remove/fix the error?

Thanks,
Yabing
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I've been seeing this with IS12 lately and it's really wierd.

I'm using ESX VM's that get their snapshot reset before every build so the beginning state is always identical.

Without any sourcecode or build automation changes, a merge module solution will occasionally generate this error. Sometimes, but not always.

It's bizarre and really irritating.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Hi,

Did you manage to solve that problem?

We have recently upgraded to IS 2010 Premier, and the same problem occurs when building the setup on our server using IS 2010 Standalone build.

It quite often works, but on occasion it doesn't and the log file shows the following error

Copying files from "\LogFiles\*.*" to "E:\BuildArea\SetupTemp\Output\MainPart\LogFiles"
ISDEV : error -5045: Could not preserve previous Build Logs
The system cannot find the path specified.

Any idea?

By the way, I have opened a thread in the IS 2010 forum (http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=189223).

Regards
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Sorry, I've never found a solution. I did find a work around though... we are migrating all 700 of our merge modules to WiX.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Well, the solution is easy:
just make sure you don't have a "Logfiles" folder in the root of the drive you use to build your setup.
Or if you do have a Logfiles folder, make sure it is empty.

Regards
0 Kudos