cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Bryant
Level 3

ISDEV : error 125: Unable to load InstallShield Object(s)

I have a Stand-alone-build installshield machine which used to be building correctly but I recently had to uninstall/reinstall due to an expired license. Unfortunately the build now fails with ISDEV error 125. It complains it is unable to load two merge modules. I run the same .ISM on my developer machine without any errors. I've checked the build machine to confirm that the merge modules are in the correct place. The merge module location is specified using the -o option. My build used to work and I don't know how it broke. The install is a InstallScript Project.

Google shows this reference to a possible solution:
"You will need to install the InstallShield 2008 InstallScript Objects setup"

Clearly this is an old post referencing 2008 not 2011 but it did look promising. I searched for this package and it looks like it is no longer available.
Any ideas if this will fix the problem?
Any ideas where to download this file?

When I remove all Merge Modules from the Application Data/Objects group the error goes away. (Not surprising) As soon as I add any merge module, (I used Microsoft common control) the error returns.

***** Found a fix ********
It turns out that when I installed the StandAlone I used the default settings which leaves "InstallScript Object Support" off. I did a modify to turn it on and the installer now compiles! It's amazing how many other posts I found with no solution listed. Hopefully this helps someone!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The 2011 version of the setup is posted here:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/software-installation/installshield-software-installer/tab/files-utilities/subtab/2011

You may want to try installing that and see if it resolves the issue.
0 Kudos
Mike_Bryant
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
The 2011 version of the setup is posted here:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/software-installation/installshield-software-installer/tab/files-utilities/subtab/2011
You may want to try installing that and see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks for your URL but it turns out it did not help the issue. That installer does not have the "holder" files required. I did discover that I had installed the SAB without turning on InstallScript support. This is what caused the 125 error message. I was able to use "Change" with the SAB installer to turn this feature on fixing my problem.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Ah, got it. I'm glad that you were able to resolve it!
0 Kudos