cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajeevgc
Level 3

ISComponentServiceInstall issue

Hi All,

The Com+ components installation under Install Shield 2009 is taking ages to complete. After debugging we found that the delay in the execution is at ISComponentServiceInstall action in execute sequence.

The delay is around 5 to 6 min. The installation completes successfully, but the problem is with the delay.

It would be of great help if anyone can suggest if we can pass some parameters to this action or something to avoid the delay.

Thanks in advance,
Rajeev
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I have attached the hot fix for the performance issue to this post. In order to apply the fix, you need to replace the following file with the new version in the attachment. and then rebuild your setup.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISComSrv.dll

Note that this is not an official release as it is not fully tested by our QA team. I would strongly recommend that you will make a backup copy of the original file before replacing it. Also, it can be applied to InstallShield 2008 and 2009.

This issue has been filed under the work order #IOA-000046527 so that it will be fixed in the next major release.

Regards.
0 Kudos
rajeevgc
Level 3

Hi Yamanishi,

Thanks for the quick response. We will apply this fix.

Thanks,
Rajeev
0 Kudos
rajeevgc
Level 3

Hi Yamanishi,

The fix that you gave works perfectly. It takes just 2 minutes to install compared to the earlier one which used to take 5 - 8 minutes.

Thanks for the fix 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Rajeev G.C
0 Kudos