cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnss518
Level 2

ISBuild.exe Application Error

When using the following code in ant I receive an error when newenvironment="true":

dir="@{project.root}"
failonerror="true"
newenvironment="true">

The error says:
"ISBuild.exe--Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004). Click OK to terminate the application"

However, when newenvironment="false" or I run ISBuild.exe directly from the DOS prompt or I use the exact same script with IS11.5 the build works.

Your help is much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

In general ISBuild has been a deprecated entry point for several releases; you should look into using ISCmdBld or ISSaBld instead. Do those exhibit the same problem?
0 Kudos
johnss518
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
In general ISBuild has been a deprecated entry point for several releases; you should look into using ISCmdBld or ISSaBld instead. Do those exhibit the same problem?

When I used ISCmdBld instead of ISBuild I still get an error. With this modification I get: "exec returned: 3
at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(Projec
tHelper.java:541)
..."

{code}

dir="@{project.root}"
failonerror="true"
newenvironment="true">

{code}

Thanks. All suggestions welcomed.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What error do you get if you use IsCmdBld.exe instead of ISBuild.exe? One difference between the two is that ISCmdBld takes a space between a command-line switch and its argument:

-p "C:\Projects\ThisOne.ism"

where ISBuild did not:

-p"C:\Projects\ThatOne.ism"

(And which IsCmdBld.exe version are you using?)
0 Kudos
deepbluesea
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
What error do you get if you use IsCmdBld.exe instead of ISBuild.exe? One difference between the two is that ISCmdBld takes a space between a command-line switch and its argument:

-p "C:\Projects\ThisOne.ism"

where ISBuild did not:

-p"C:\Projects\ThatOne.ism"

(And which IsCmdBld.exe version are you using?)

Don't understand, why isbuild can not take a space between a command-line switch and its argument.
0 Kudos