cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

IS2012 Service Pack 1 initial feedback

I have downloaded SP1 for IS2012 Premier Edition. This feedback pertains to the Suite project type.

It successfully fixed one issue that I reported in this thread:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?p=472806#post472806

But there is a more serious issue with SP1 that I did not have before.

After 1 hr. of use with SP1 here is my first-look feedback:

1. THANKS for the service pack, I hadn't expected it this soon.

2. I installed the SP on a Premier Edition of 2012, Windows 7 64-bit. Rebooted. Was surprised that the Add/Remove Programs entry still said "InstallShield 2012" instead of "InstallShield 2012 with SP1" (e.g., "InstallShield 2011 with Hotfix A" is another entry I have on my computer). No big deal, in the Help/About dialog it clearly states Service Pack 1 (Version 18, by the way, if that's important).

3. Odd behavior: before SP1 a Custom install would show all features automatically selected by default, no problem. But after SP1 only some of the features are selected by default. Odd, but no real problem so far.

4. Here's the biggie: no matter what features I select in the Custom install type, it pretty much installs whatever the heck it wants to.:eek: In fact, even if I leave ALL features unselected, it still installs some of them! I don't have subfeatures, and each package is associated with its own corresponding feature. So I'm at a loss as to what could cause this. I did remember to recompile the project after installing SP1. Also, I have looked at two separate suite projects (recompiled both after SP1) and they both have this wierd behavior. Feature installation seems to have no connection with whether the checkbox is selected or not!!

5. I have not yet created a brand new suite project to see if it exhibits this behavior; I have only investigated the behavior of existing (and re-compiled) suite projects that I had created before applying SP1. Maybe this won't be an issue with brand new projects.
EDIT: After more research, I cannot reproduce this with a new project that I created today. And after modifying both projects that had the problem yesterday (removed the existing release build, built a new release, changed feature names, deleted features, etc.) the problem has simply vanished. Conclude: does not seem to be a problem now, sorry for any alarm I may have caused.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Regarding the item 3 and 4, they are not reproducible on my end. Would it be possible for you to provide a sample project that replicates the behavior?

Regrads.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Can someone confirm the SP1 mentioned here is an official or a beta release.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The SP1 release is official (not beta).
0 Kudos
richardh
Level 5

Hmm - after clicking the "Learn More" link to obtain the download instructions all I get is a blank page.

Anyone else experience this?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Which browser and version are you using?

If, for example, you're using the latest version of IE, I think you may need to turn on compatibility mode.
0 Kudos
richardh
Level 5

DebbieL wrote:
Which browser and version are you using?

If, for example, you're using the latest version of IE, I think you may need to turn on compatibility mode.

Yep - that did it. Thanks
0 Kudos
richardh
Level 5

BTW - am I missing the link to the SAB somewhere or has it not been released yet? I can browse to the Product & Licence centre, but the only version of the SAB is see is 2012 (version 18.00.0000, which installs IsCmdBld.exe version 18.0.0.329, which is the same version as vanilla 2012)
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The text probably needs to be updated to indicate SP1, but the setup should already have been updated. There are no changes for IsCmdBld.exe in SP1. Please check for IsMsiEntity.dll to see if it's updated to 18.0.0.374.
0 Kudos
richardh
Level 5

Checked again after the weekend and now see the SP1 SAB listed

Thanks for your help guys
0 Kudos
trkennedy
Level 3

I have installed SP1 (IS2012 Pro), but none of the files seem to have been updated. The ISMSIEntity.dll file mentioned still shows 18.0.0.329. I don't know if the About screen should reflect SP1 (as it did with IS2010), but it does not. However, whenever I start Installshield, I get a "Please wait while configuring Installshield 2012 SP1" message and it takes a minute or more (on a fast machine) before the IDE appears. Can someone tell me how to determine if SP1 is correctly installed, and why I get the "configuring message" each time I run IS? Thanks.
0 Kudos