cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alpar2232
Level 2

IS2006 Splash screen default background color and transparency

Hi,

We've upgraded from 2015 and we noticed the new splash screen is activated for suite solution.

The setup.exe icon is used for the background. Our .ico file has a transparent background but its rendered as WHITE by the splash screen. Is this normal behavior ? Is it possible to override that white with transparent ? Documentation is sporadic and its mostly about .msi not suite install since its brand new.

Further more, if I want to hide the splashscreen for a suite project. In Release -> Setup.exe tab for a MSI project there is the property "Minimum Initialization Time" but its not there for suite installer projects. Is there a way to add it directly to the project xml so its taken into account when building the full suite ?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Currently the new loading screen for Suite/Advanced UI installations is not configurable other than the icon you choose for setup.exe, which is then drawn on a white background window with a progress bar. If you'd like to request the ability to configure this part of the experience, it would help to submit a request through your support contact, but we can certainly take note of it here.

Are you specifically trying to alter the appearance, and when that was not possible, you examined trying to disable it instead?
0 Kudos
alpar2232
Level 2

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

Yes, at first I wanted to modify the splashscreen to give it our company looks and feel. When I realized that it might not be possible I just wanted to disable it.

Also, during the "onBegin" we install .net automatically if its not detected (needed for setup.exe i think). The .net install screen is under the splash screen during the whole .net install time ~15mins.

I think its a cool feature, its just lacking a bit of polishing. We definitely need the ability to turn it off until we can customize it some more.

We'll open a support ticket for it, thanks again for the quick response.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Gotcha. Make sure to be as clear as you can what sort of customizations you want to be possible. 🙂

As a side comment, if you can possibly wait until the regular package install phase, I would strongly suggest installing .NET as a package rather than as part of an Event/Action. This may not be feasible if you need to use .NET earlier than when the packages are installed, but the Suite/Advanced UI project is designed around installing packages as part of the package phase.
0 Kudos