cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kotiomkin
Level 5

IS in Russian shows me a lot of "???"

Hi all
I've created a multilanguage setup with Russian inside (IS 2009).

So I've installed Russian language in my Win XP and that's Ok because if I plug a Russian Keyboard I can write in Russian without any problems...

But when I run package in Russian I see a lot of ?? instead of my string tables entries! That's strange because the 3 buttons (Previous, Next and Cancel) seems to be in Russian...

Is this an IS problem? :confused:

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Can you try setting your "Language for non-Unicode Programs" to Russian as well? It's on the last tab of the Regional and Language Settings control panel. Alternately, if you use a Unicode setup.exe and a Basic MSI project, you should never encounter this particular behavior.
0 Kudos
Kotiomkin
Level 5

I've forgot to tell you one thing..
I use an InstallScript project type and I can't change it to Basic or MSI projects.

Could you tell me better where can I find "Language for non-Unicode Programs"? I'm not be able to find it...

Or how can I create a UNICODE setup.exe?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
cvanil17
Level 2

I'm working on a legacy installscript project, which can't even be converted (easily) to a Installscript-MSI project. How can I get a UNICODE version of the setup.exe launcher for installscript only projects?

Regards,
CV
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We don't offer one at this time; for now you need to use Basic MSI to have the Unicode launcher option.
0 Kudos