cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tier_3
Level 4

IS 2011 Automation 17 build access privileges

I have been using the automation interface with Installshield 2008 and 2010 on a 64-bit build system past. The vbs script is launched using %windir%\syswow64\cscript.exe via the continuous integration service which is running as a normal service user in the Windows Users group.

After installing installshield 2011, I performed the following steps:
1) Manually registered the automation dll
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011\System\ISWiAutomation17.dll"
2) Converted the project ism to 2011
3) Updated the vbs script to use ISWiAuto17.ISWiProject

The vbs script perform tasks such as updating path variables and configuration then executes pRelease.Build(). I find that when I use the Automation Interface 17 from Installshield 2011, the project configurations are updated correctly but it does not run pRelease.Build(). It does not generate any error log or report files.

I can only get around this problem by either
1) Revert back to the 2008 or 2010 automation interface and the relevent project files/scripts
2) Change the continuous integration service user to be in the windows Administrators group.

Is anyone else having this permission problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
tier_3
Level 4

Further troubleshooting points to a license issue.

I am getting the following error when I execute the command (Iscmdbld.exe -p "project.ism" -r "Release 1") via a windows service logged in as a normal user in the Users group.

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.
Product Configuration 1\Release 1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

This setup used to work when I was using IS 2008 and failed after I upgraded to IS 2011.

I can only get around this problem if I change the service account user to be in the Administrators group.

What is the correct way getting this to work without changing the service account privileges?
0 Kudos