cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lam1278
Level 6

IOC-000060280 - Setup Prerequisites / language selection

MichaelU submitted a feature request a little over 2 years ago for being able to retrieve the selected language from within a setup prerequisite as either a registry entry/environment variable etc, and I was wondering if this, or something similar was available in InstallShield 2009 -- I need fuel for the fire to get management to approve an upgrade for me:

MichaelU wrote:
Lynn, thanks. I've submitted this as IOC-000060280, and while I cannot guarantee a time frame for its inclusion, you can watch the release notes or ask back on the community for status updates. I don't expect to see this in our upcoming release; perhaps the one after that.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?p=385744#post385744

In the past, I created my own bootstrapper for "setup.exe" that is a dialog that looks exactly like the language selection dialog in "setup.exe" except this time I know exactly what language the user selected because I can set an environment variable. However, if for some reason "Autorun" doesn't work, then the user is prompted for a language selection twice... a bit inconvenient, but, it worked...

Just wondering if this was available in InstallShield 2009 - I don't know how to check up on IOC's or feature requests..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
lam1278
Level 6

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200150&sliceId=

Ability to Use Windows Installer Properties in Command-Line Statements for InstallShield Prerequisites
Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, and Web installations now can substitute and pass the following properties on setup prerequisite command lines: ProductLanguage, ISPREREQDIR, SETUPEXEDIR, and SETUPEXENAME. You can use these properties to identify the launching installation ("[SETUPEXEDIR]\[SETUPEXENAME]"), to identify full paths to files that are included in the prerequisite ("[ISPREREQDIR]myconfig.ini"), or to pass the selected language to multilingual prerequisites such as an InstallShield setup launcher (/l[ProductLanguage]). The new feature prerequisites include command-line support for any Windows Installer property, including the aforementioned properties.

You can specify the command lines on the Application to Run tab of the InstallShield Prerequisite Editor.

This enhancement resolves issue IOC-000060280.

😄
0 Kudos