cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajeevshukla
Level 3

INSTALLDIR value not available

In my Basic MSI installer, I set the install location before the UI sequence. However, I allow the user to change the destination location for the install in the UI sequence. Based on the location that the user has selected, I set a few environment variables.
However, I notice that my Environment variables point to the originally set install location. I tried displaying the value of the INSTALLDIR in the UI sequence but it shows a blank.
Can anyone provide a lead on it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

did you see INSTALLDIR getting set in the msi log? search the log for INSTALLDIR to make sure the value isn't being cleared somewhere.

it doesn't sound like you're having any sequencing issues as you wouldn't even be able to set a directory if the file costing actions hadn't been run already.

also, if i get you correctly, you are probably setting some properties during the UI sequence. If these are PUBLIC properties, and they aren't listed in the [SecureCustomProperties] property, then their values will get cleared between the UI and Execute sequence. i think this is the most likely culprit.
0 Kudos
Oghmathris1
Level 2

nice, friendly up !!
0 Kudos