cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieluc
Level 6

[INSTALLDIR] points me wrong !

Hello!

I have a problem during install. The [INSTALLDIR] is given manualli from a line edit, and should be available for change. If it's let in the default state

c:\Program Files\Software_Name

all works well, but when the end user changes it (e.g. d:\program files\Software_name), the installation process puts some files at the new location, but many other in the default one.

Checking the logs, seems that [INSTALLDIR] has the correct (new user input) value, but I can't seem to figure out why so many files are putted to the old path.

The "Direct Editor -> Directory" show [INSTALLDIR] as parent to folders to install, but don't place them in the right place 😞

Is the anyone that has an idea on what I am missing?

Thanks,
Daniel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
alegerlotz
Level 7

danieluc wrote:
Hello!

I have a problem during install. The [INSTALLDIR] is given manualli from a line edit, and should be available for change. If it's let in the default state

c:\Program Files\Software_Name

all works well, but when the end user changes it (e.g. d:\program files\Software_name), the installation process puts some files at the new location, but many other in the default one.

Checking the logs, seems that [INSTALLDIR] has the correct (new user input) value, but I can't seem to figure out why so many files are putted to the old path.

The "Direct Editor -> Directory" show [INSTALLDIR] as parent to folders to install, but don't place them in the right place 😞

Is the anyone that has an idea on what I am missing?

Thanks,
Daniel

Are you using INSTALLDIR in custom actions or something to set the path of some of these files?

Describe a bit more about how you're using INSTALLDIR in your setup, the reason I'm asking is that I had an issue at some point in the past where the value of properties was being resolved and cached before the value was changed by the using in a dialog box, perhaps something similar is happening in this case.
0 Kudos
danieluc
Level 6

Thanx for the reply alegerlotz,

Looked in all my custom actions, and none seem to alter the [INSTALLDIR] variable. Got my eyes over another post though that seem to have exactly the same behavior:

http://knowledge.macrovision.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--communitymacrovisioncom-archive-indexphpt-104597html&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_MACROVISIONCOMMUNITY_1_1&dialogID=7008443&stateId=0%200%207006334

but I don't see the solution. None seem to work for me 😞
Any idea ?

Thanx,
Daniel
0 Kudos
danieluc
Level 6

I've manage to solve my problem.
The idea was to Call SetTargetPath with the [INSTALLDIR] argument in the behavior of the next button on that dialog.
Thanks
0 Kudos