cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xsintill
Level 5

IISROOTFOLDER syntaxis error on installation

I am using \dir with some components in my installation. problem is that i get an error during installation. This error is talking about a syntaxis error on all the components where i use .When i change it to \dir it doesn't give me any problem anymore.
I checked via script what IISROOTFOLDER looked like and it was just holding this value:"\" .
In this installation when IIS is not installed these features should not be installed i hide them using the following code
FeatureSetData (MEDIA, "Edu Web LMS", FEATURE_FIELD_VISIBLE, FALSE, "Hidden feature");

Problem is that i still get the syntaxis error even though the features don't get installed.

Using the following code i don't get the syntaxis error
if IISROOTFOLDER="\\" then
TextSubSetValue("", "", FALSE );
endif;

somehow this feels like i am just fixing the symptom but not the cause. anybody know how to fix this correctly?

Oops forgetting to add i am using an installscript project
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Are you also calling FeatureSelectItem to deselect this feature? If not, hiding it will only prevent the feature from being displayed on a feature dialog; if the feature was never deselected, the engine will still try to install the feature.
0 Kudos
xsintill
Level 5

Thanks for the heads up but yes i was using the following code

FeatureSetData(MEDIA, sFeatureName, FEATURE_FIELD_SELECTED, aLicensed, "Checked vanuit licentie");

I have talked with my colleague here who says the syntaxis error probably be gone when i configure the IIS part of the installation(i have not yet added any data here).
0 Kudos