cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisVanherck
Level 6

IIS VDir not installed (No IIS configuration detected)

I recently upgraded a InstallScript MSI project from InstallShield 12 to 2010. Th project contained (among other things) a website application to be installed under the default website.

After the upgrade the website was still in the project, but it did not install. I also noticed that it was no longer an application but a regular Virtual Directory. So I re-added it as a new application, it still doesn't install.

In the logging i find this: "No IIS configuration detected, skipping IIS actions." during the ISIISCosting action.

The target machine was a windows XP with IIS.

Any suggestions on to how I go about debugging this problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The behavior you are seeing can happen in the following cases:
- The ISIISItem table is not present in the MSI package being run.
- The ISIISItem table is present but is empty.
- There are records present in the ISIISItem table but they are not properly associated with any components (the Component_ column values are all empty or are invalid foreign keys).
- The records in the ISIISItem table are properly associated with components but none of the components are selected for installation.

You can check for the first two issues by opening your built MSI package in Orca or InstallShield and then check to ensure the ISIISItem table is present and contains at least one record. The third issue can be checked by running MSI validation in Orca or InstallShield to ensure the Component_ column values are valid foreign keys to the Component table.

If there are records in the ISIISItem and they are associated with valid components, the action states of these components can be checked in a verbose runtime log. The install, request, and action states of all components will be listed after the InstallValidate action starts. At least one of the components associated with an IIS item needs to have a non-null action state.
0 Kudos
KrisVanherck
Level 6

joshstechnij wrote:

- There are records present in the ISIISItem table but they are not properly associated with any components (the Component_ column values are all empty or are invalid foreign keys).

This was indeed the case and rebinding it to a component fixed the issue.

Thank you very much 🙂 .
0 Kudos