cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matronix
Level 6

IIS 7 - Uninstall is not removing applications set up in IIS.

I am installing application under the Default Web Site in IIS. After I run the uninstall the Applications are left behind in IIS. Is there a way to force the removal of these without setting uninstall of the WebSite? I can't uninstall the Default Web Site.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Matronix
Level 6

Anyone have a clue?
0 Kudos
Matronix
Level 6

I am still having this issue. When I uninstall the Applications in IIS are still there.
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

one posabilty is that the install settings for the IIS application component might be set incorrectly. Verify the component that the application is associated with is not set to permanent. Also if it is set to shared you will need to verify that it does not think something else might be using that component. Shared components used by other products will not be uninstalled, if the component was ever installed as permanent you might need to clean the registry of any references to it, or change the component guid.
0 Kudos
Matronix
Level 6

Thanks a TON. The changing of the GUID fixed it for me. I had already changed the component from being Permanent and Shared, but I needed to change the GUID value.
0 Kudos